Local SEO (Local Search Engine Optimization) focuses on positioning multiple physical stores in search engines like Google in front of the closest customers. To do it, this technique uses search engine tools such as maps and geo-location.
If you want to know more about what local SEO services in Canada are and why they are in the sights of big brands, franchises, and retail companies, you should read until the end.
What is local SEO?
We have understood that local SEO is a positioning strategy in Google Search and Google Maps, especially aimed at businesses or individuals in physical locations or that offer their services in an area of influence and need to be visible to potential customers located near them.
With local SEO, large franchises and brands can compete with neighborhood stores for local audiences.
The objective of this positioning is that every time a user near your stores searches for products or services in a specific geographical location, they can find your branches before your competitors.
To achieve this target, local SEO develops actions that allow the Google algorithm to choose and display your branches, considering them relevant.
Why is local SEO important?
Overall, local SEO services are essential to enjoy the top best digital marketing services. The reason is that companies love to be prominent in their physical location, which enhances the need for local SEO services in Canada. Here, we will discuss the reasons that make local SEO important for businesses.
Positioning with local SEO
Things like using cell phones to search for products and services high probability that a user visits or calls your store after Google throws it in the first results reveal the great importance of applying local SEO.
Added to it, local SEO and positioning with Google Business Profile have not yet been explored and taken advantage of by different brands and companies. Starting to do it with your business will lead you to establish a competitive advantage at the local level.
Advantages offered to your business if you have multiple locations
Managing the Google profile for different branches or locations and positioning them will lead you to compete locally with other stores that, in this case, have the same opportunities as your company, just because they are located in the same area and have a good online presence.
Therefore, it will help you generate specific local marketing actions that will increase revenue both at the branch level and at the global level of the company. In turn, you get advantages in terms of brand positioning and reputation, with all the reach that Google has for global marketing.
What businesses benefit from Local SEO?
Local SEO on Google
As we discussed, local SEO favors the physical stores of companies from different sectors. One of the most beneficial sectors is retail, which focuses on product marketing directly to the consumer at the point of sale.
However, local SEO services in Canada also cover other sectors such as restaurant services, hotels, and traditional ones, such as banking, real estate, and health.
Also, this positioning technique is widely used in companies that have many branches or franchises. They have a particular need to strategically manage their listings in Google Business Profile, to make all their branches visible easily and effectively.
How to do Local SEO?
To do local SEO, you need to consider what the search engine algorithm considers when qualifying your branches as relevant. For this target, the first thing is to have a Google Business Profile for each branch. After that, you need to work on:
- Complete profile with correct and updated data
- Consistent reviews and responses to these by stores
- Publications with valuable information, photos, and videos in each profile
In addition to these basic requirements, you need to carry out actions to gain relevance against the algorithm. Some of them like:
- Use of keywords for branch and product/service publications
- Integration of keywords in content or publications
- Use of images and videos with metadata
- Incorporation of CTA (Call to Action) and URLs
- Tracking and segmentation of reviews
- Personalized and contextualized responses to reviews
How to do Local SEO for multiple locations?
Of course, it is not the same to position a branch in Google, since there is knowledge and techniques to apply that require time and experience. Additionally, tools are needed that allow you to demonstrate the results with positioning actions and analyze key insights for your company.
Then you will ask yourself, how to do local SEO if I have many branches? The answer is that you can buy the tools and knowledge (or the expert team that provide top best digital marketing services), or you can keep it simple. Digital marketing experts provide professional services to position your business on Google. For that, they can do:
- Analyze the behavior of your localized target audience.
- Create and optimize localized ads in Google Ads.
- Manage your posts in Google Business Profile.
- Respond to your customer reviews centrally for all branches.
- Classify the positioning of your stores by keywords.
- Develop reports on the results of organic and paid publications by location or at the level of all branches.
- Send push notifications for communication between managers of the different branches.
- Ad performance and suggestions to increase traffic and conversion in stores
- Programming of automatic publications for selected branches
- Creation of publication templates for customization and differentiated use in each branch
There is a world of possibilities for your business with local SEO that you should not miss. You only need to decide about the best local SEO services in Canada and take the plunge and advantages of your competition now.